Hey there, fellow traveler! Have you ever dreamed of ditching your 9 to 5 to travel the world with your little ones? My little babog family lifestyle travel blog Well, that’s exactly what we did. My name is Mary, and together with my husband John and our two kids, ages 6 and 8, we are the My Little Babog Family. Over a year ago, we sold our house, packed up our bags, and set off on an adventure of a lifetime. We’ve been traveling around the globe ever since, visiting over 12 countries and counting.
Through our lifestyle travel blog, we share stories and tips for balancing adventure and responsibility, navigating new cultures with kids, homeschooling on the road, and embracing the chaos and beauty of a nomadic family lifestyle. Our goal is to inspire other families to take the plunge into full-time travel and show them that it’s possible to have an amazing, whimsical adventure with little ones in tow.
So if you’re looking for family travel inspiration or just want to follow along on our escapades, you’ve come to the right place. Welcome to the whimsical world of My Little Babog Family! This is our story.
Traveling the World With Babog
Traveling the World With Babog
As a family travel blogger, exploring the world with my little ones in tow is a dream come true. Babog, my precocious 7-year-old, is the perfect adventure companion. His curiosity and sense of wonder make every destination more fun.
Whether we’re trekking through an exotic jungle, wandering cobblestone streets in Europe, or beachcombing in the South Pacific, Babog embraces each new experience with joy and excitement. His funny observations and heartfelt insights give me a fresh perspective on places I thought I knew.
Some of our most memorable adventures have been:
- Spotting lemurs in Madagascar’s rainforests. Babog was fascinated by their long striped tails and cat-like noises.
- Stargazing in New Zealand’s Mt. Cook National Park. Babog was awestruck by the Milky Way stretching endlessly across the night sky.
- Exploring the canals of Amsterdam by boat. Babog giggled at the quirky houseboats and waved at everyone we passed.
- Snorkeling with sea turtles in Hawaii. Babog was thrilled when an enormous turtle glided right past him!
Traveling with a child in tow may require extra patience, but the rewards of sharing the world’s wonders through their eyes make it worthwhile. Babog’s unbridled enthusiasm and lively chatter have given me a new appreciation for each destination. Our whimsical adventures together are what inspired me to start this blog in the first place. I hope our tales of navigating the globe as a family inspire you to embark on your own adventures, with little ones or not!
The Early Days: How My Little Babog Family Lifestyle Travel Blog Began
The Early Days: How My Little Babog Family Lifestyle Travel Blog Began
It seems like only yesterday, but it’s actually been over 5 years since we launched My Little Babog Family Lifestyle Travel Blog. Back then, it was just a fun side project to document our family adventures and provide tips for other parents looking to travel with little ones. We had no idea it would turn into our full-time job and passion!
In the beginning, we were posting once a week about simple things like our favorite kid-friendly destinations, products that make travel easier, and stories from our trips. Our readers started to grow, and companies began reaching out to collaborate. This positive feedback gave us the confidence to start increasing our content to 2-3 posts per week on everything from hotel reviews to activity guides for locations all over the globe.
- We made it a point to share the challenges of family travel in an authentic, lighthearted way. Our goal has always been to inspire other parents to get out and explore the world with their kids, despite the craziness.
- The blog continued to gain more and more traction through social media and word of mouth. After about a year, we realized this could be an opportunity for us to turn our passion into a career. We took the leap, and I quit my job to focus on the blog full time.
It’s been an incredible, whirlwind journey so far. While the blog has grown a lot since those early days, our mission remains the same: to share the joy of family travel and help others experience the world through the eyes of a child. We feel so grateful for the amazing opportunities and connections it has brought into our lives. Here’s to many more adventures to come!
Our Travel Adventures and Experiences
Exploring Exotic Destinations
As travel bloggers, we’re always on the hunt for unique places to visit and share with our readers. Some of our favorite trips have been to exotic locations that offer a glimpse into different cultures and ways of life.
A few years ago, we spent a month traveling through Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. In Vietnam, we toured ancient temples, sampled delicious street food in Hanoi, and sailed through stunning Ha Long Bay. Cambodia was a sobering but enlightening experience, as we visited the Killing Fields and S-21 prison in Phnom Penh to learn about the country’s tragic history. Thailand was a vibrant finale, where we explored bustling Bangkok, lush jungles in Chiang Mai, and pristine beaches in Krabi.
Last winter we ventured to Morocco, a country that has been on our bucket list for ages. We wandered the souks of Marrakesh, gazing at colorful textiles, aromatic spices and handcrafted goods. We then journeyed into the Sahara Desert, riding camels over rolling dunes and camping under a sky full of stars. The blue city of Chefchaouen in the Rif Mountains was a peaceful respite, with its picturesque blue-washed buildings and cannabis-scented air. Exotic, exciting and endlessly photogenic, Morocco stole our hearts.
Where to next? We have our sights set on Peru, Japan and New Zealand. The world is filled with so many extraordinary places, cultures and experiences waiting to be explored. As long as there are new destinations to discover, our thirst for adventure will remain unquenched. Travel feeds the soul in a way that nothing else can.
Balancing Family Life and Blogging
Finding the Balance
As a lifestyle and family travel blogger, balancing your blog with real life can be tricky. On one hand, you want to share authentic stories and experiences with your readers. On the other, your family’s needs and your own self-care should be top priorities. How do you find the right balance?
- Set boundaries. Decide how much time you’ll spend blogging each day or week and stick to it. Maybe you’ll cap it at 2 hours a day or 10 hours a week. Whatever you choose, guard that time to prevent burnout.
- Involve your family. Have your spouse or kids help come up with blog post ideas or take photos. This makes them feel included in the process and gives you bonding time together. They may even become guest bloggers!
- Take time off. It’s okay to take a break from blogging when life gets busy. Your readers will understand if you go a week or two without posting. Use that time to focus on your family, yourself, and recharging. You’ll come back feeling refreshed and re-inspired.
- Share the real moments. Blog about the ups and downs of family life, not just the highlights. Your readers will appreciate your authenticity and transparency. Show how you navigate challenges as well as the fun, picture-perfect parts of parenting and relationships.
- Make memories first. Don’t get so caught up in blogging about your adventures that you forget to live in the moment. Put down the camera and be fully present with your loved ones. The stories and photos can wait until later.
Finding the right balance between blogging and family life will be an ongoing process of trial and error. But with conscious effort and the willingness to make adjustments, you can have the best of both worlds: a thriving blog and a thriving family life. The key is making sure to prioritize what really matters—the people you share each day with.
Tips for Creating Your Own Family Lifestyle Travel Blog
Pick a Memorable Name
The name of your blog is your first chance to make an impression on readers. Choose something short, catchy and memorable that reflects your family and travel style. “The Smith Family Travels” or “The Adventures of the Johnsons” are a bit boring. Spice it up with something whimsical like “My Little Babog Family” or “The Wandering Willows.” Keep it fun and playful.
Share Your Story my little babog family lifestyle travel blog
Readers will connect with your blog if you give them a glimpse into your family and what led you to start traveling together. Share details about who’s in your family, your travel experiences that ignited the wanderlust bug, and your hopes for future adventures. Let your personalities shine through! Readers will be much more likely to follow along on your journeys if they feel like they know you.
To keep readers engaged and build an audience, aim to publish at least two to three posts per week. Share a mix of long-form blog posts, photos, short updates, and social shares across platforms. Maintaining a consistent schedule will make you more discoverable and give readers a reason to keep coming back to your blog.
Share the Highs and Lows
While stunning photos of exotic destinations will attract readers, also share the challenges of family travel. Be authentic and post about the times things didn’t go as planned. Readers will appreciate your honesty and ability to find humor in stressful situations. Discuss how you navigated issues together as a family and what you learned from the experiences.
Engage Your Readers my little babog family lifestyle travel blog
Make your blog interactive by engaging with your readers. Respond to comments, ask open-ended questions, run contests and giveaways, and encourage discussions on social media. Loyal readers will become part of your travel community and look forward to conversing with you and other followers. Engagement is key to building a successful family lifestyle travel blog.
So there you have it, a peek into the whimsical world of My Little Babog family lifestyle travel blog. Whether you’re looking for inspiration for your next family adventure or just want to escape for a few minutes each day, we hope our little blog brings you joy. At the end of the day, that’s what it’s all about for us – capturing moments of wonder, sharing laughter with the ones we love, and appreciating each day as the gift it is. We feel so grateful for this opportunity to share our journey with you. Thanks for following along, and remember – adventure is out there! Now go get outside and find your own.